Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Birthday Shhh....Birthday Shhh....

Yes, I really turned 25 last week so I decided to throw a big party to celebrate. My friend, Myra, also has the same birthday so we combined them. The night was exactly what I wanted it to be. There was great food (thanks Megan!) and all of my favorite people in Las Vegas having a good time together.

I keep waiting to freak out a little and have a quarter life crisis, but so far, I have loved being 25! Everyone keeps telling me how 25 is the best year and I am convinced this will be my favorite. Already, I have so much to look forward to and am super excited. I start school in about a week, rented a piano so I can start taking lessons again, am planning some fun trips for the fall which may include a concert or two, and am in the process of becoming a volunteer with this really great program. How perfect is it for me and my major?

"Volunteers are appointed by judges to speak up for abused and neglected children. They work, with confidence, as thoroughly trained advocates for the children they represent. Volunteers investigate a child's history, facilitate communication between concerned adults, advocate for services and appropriate placement, and ultimately make recommendations - to the judge - in that child's best interest."

That's about all but here are some pictures from my party with some of my favorite people.

The Birthday Girls and our feast

Megan and Jenn being bootylicious

Brooke and Diana

Poppin and Lockin feat Jaron

Cassidy, Mark, and Natalee

Natalee and Mindy

5 comments:

Chels Allred said...

happy birthday to you!! You and your friends are dolls! Glad you had a great time and good luck with being 25! Hope you have a wonderful year!

Chels Allred said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelsea Albert said...

Cute pictures!! Happy Birthday Steph! I was having similar feelings about turning 24 a couple weeks ago, but I guess it's not so bad! :D Glad to hear 25 should be something to look forward to, instead of dread. haha

Rachel said...

1) Ummm, I live in Las Vegas and wasn't invited. Ouch.
2) Is that the CASA program? I have looked into that too.
3) What is your major?

Stephanie said...

Roach -

1. I meant I invited my favorite friends. You are, of course, one of my favorite cousins. Let's hang out at the reunion this weekend.

2. Yes it's the CASA program. Let's do it together!

3. Social Work/Marriage and Family Therapy