Thursday, November 3, 2011

Almanac

Although I haven't posted in awhile, I've still had many thoughts going through my head. Here are a few of them.

1. Lately, I have had the strongest desire to buy land. I want to purchase a couple acres and start planting trees on it so they will be grown by the time my kids will want a tree house. I just want my own land somewhere green that I can someday build my dream house on and never leave.


2. My breakfast of choice lately is Honey Nut Cheerios and blueberries. Mmmm. It's so good! The blueberries add a great crunch, texture, and flavor. I feel like it's pretty healthy too.

3. Some of my favorite books and/or movies are Pride and Prejudice, Little Women, Becoming Jane, Gone With the Wind, and most recently Jane Eyre. What is it about these stories that just speak to my soul? I often wish I lived back in that time. I feel like people really knew how to love then and how to be passionate about love and fight for it. I think we have lost so much of that now. I also love how simple love was then, and how every glance and touch was packed with such power.

4. I finally saw "Lion King" last weekend. It is only playing in Las Vegas for another month and the tickets were half off. I thought I would like it because I like the movie, but I never thought I would absolutely love it like I did! I would give it a 10 out of 10. It was so beautiful. I was completely sucked into it and even cried a couple times.

5. I really enjoy Halloween but this year was a little hectic. I didn't have time to put together a good costume, so I bought one about an hour before a party I was going to. I was a penguin. It was not my best but still turned out fun.

2 comments:

Gloria said...

First off I think it's SO great you were a penguin, I just love that. AND I just watched Jane Eyre this week and I think you are right! I love all those movies and those love stories have such an intensity that I love. Also Becoming Jane is on my Netflix queue.
PS hope you are doing great!

ashley said...

i think the penguin was awesome. i miss you in my life.