Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ensure vs Migraines



For the past month, I have been drinking an Ensure every morning for breakfast. My plan is to gain a little weight in a slow, healthy way in hopes I can finally have the figure of a 24 year old woman and not a 13 year old boy. My friend told me she heard her nutritionist friend say that Ensure will help with this. Vanilla is the only half decent flavor I can force myself to drink. I get embarrassed buying it at the store because it's in the grandma section of the pharmacy.



The problem with my new plan is that I get migraines almost every Sunday and sometimes they make me throw up and throw up! Why only on Sundays? Why do I have to throw up so much and feel like death? This makes packing on the weight a little bit harder to do when I am regularly emptying out my stomach. I'm not ready to give up Ensure yet. Maybe I'll give it another month and see if the curves start to come...haha wishful thinking I know...

4 comments:

Brenna said...

So, I was thinking....if ensure is giving you migraines and making you throw up, you might be defeating it's purpose....there are other drinks that you can try. You can always try just regular protein shakes that you make yourself. You can buy protein powder anywhere and then mix it with fresh fruit and that might help. You can also try things like pediasure? We use it for kids who can't keep things down and some really like it. If the grown-up stuff is nasty, try the kids stuff?

Stephanie said...

I used to only get migraines 2-3 times a year but in the last year it seems like 2-3 times a month. I don't think it has anything to do with drinking Ensure but I am interested in know what I only get them on Sundays. I'm going to try Pediasure though thanks!

Charlie said...

I hear that eating Peanut Butter sandwiches will do the same trick. You just have to eat a lot of them - might make it better than Ensure. Also, if you do a simple Google on how to gain weight, you might find some ideas. One site suggested like your friend and to try proteins drinks or powders. I imagine that there are some better alternatives to drinking Ensure.

Cassidy said...

I thought that you were saying that the Ensure is making you have migraines and then I had major guilt because I am the one that told you to start drinking it. You could also add an avacado to you diet. One everyday will help you pack on the pounds and it is a healthy fat. I am sure that avacados won't give you migraines!