Thursday, April 19, 2012

These Days

As my move to DC gets closer and closer, I keep waiting to cry or freak out or feel nervous, but I have not yet. I mostly feel calm and emotionless which I appreciate because it allows me to be productive and get things done. There are only 2 things that give me a little anxiety about moving:

1. Parallel Parking. I have never done this before not even for my driver's test. In DC, you have to parallel park everywhere you go.

2. Humidity + My Hair. I have naturally afro hair which I can maintain in the dry desert, but out there it may be more of a problem.

That is all. I am not really worried about anything else. Since I will be so far from my friends and family, my plan is to update this blog more with things that I'm doing and seeing, people that I'm meeting, and visitors that come to see me. So, check back often if you care to. Other than that, in 11 days I will be living in this place.... No big deal.




1 comments:

The Santini Stew said...

I hear ya! The first time I parallel parked here in DC, I was on the phone with JD the whole time, freaking out! There are ways around it, just so you know.

And the hair? Yeah, me too. Find a good hair stylist who can help you navigate the changes with globs of product. Your hair will adjust- but not after months of circus hair....