Friday, December 2, 2011

Can't help falling in love

I wish I was a runner and loved running. I actually hate it. I want to love it. I want to feel that "high" that runners talk about. I don't know that feeling but I crave it. I think I will start to like it more by actually doing it. I think this will be my new focus for awhile.

Women's Health magazine had a good beginners program this month. It is only 3 days a week.
You start and end each run with a 5 minute walk.


Week 1: Run 2 min, walk 3 min; repeat 6 times 
Week 2: Run 3 min, walk 3 min; repeat 5 times 
Week 3: Run 5 min, walk 2 min; repeat 4 times 
Week 4: Run 7 min, walk 3 min; repeat 3 times 
Week 5: Run 8 min, walk 2 min; repeat 3 times 
Week 6: Run 9 min, walk 1 min; repeat 3 times 
Week 7: Run 30 minutes
 

1 comments:

Marie said...

Steph, if you have a smart phone, download the Couch to 5K program. Same thing you are talking about, but it breaks it down into time and you can create playlists to run to through the program. I'm on week three and my 5'2" self who doesn't have a body for running is RUNNING, and for three minutes at a time. I've got a few people together for a 5K in Feb. Let me know if you want to join!