This January marks the anniversary of something very special to me. Exactly 10 years ago, I started watching the TV show The Bachelor. I haven't missed a season or even an episode since it began in 2002. This may sound pathetic and nothing that I should be bragging about, but how can I not? There is nothing else, that I can think of, that I have committed to as strongly and for as long as this show. I think it's quite an accomplishment and makes me see that I am capable of committing to other things as well. Ha ha.
As I look back on the 10 years since the show changed my life, I remember the many people (probably at least 100) that I have introduced this show to and who have watched it with me. I also remember the person I was back then. I was 17 years old, a senior in high school, just got my license (a little late I know), planning to move to Provo for college, 12 pounds lighter, dating one of my best friends who I thought I was so "in love" with, having such a fun time with a great group of people, and still had a little bit of innocence in me.
Here's to 10 more years of The Bachelor....NOT!! I wouldn't even be sad if it was cancelled tomorrow, but as long as it is on, I will probably be watching.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Ashes and Wine
Posted by
Stephanie
at
6:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment