Friday, January 6, 2012

Swallowed in the Sea

I am really bad at saying goodbye to people. It makes me extremely emotional and I cry uncontrollably. I would rather sneak away than have to face people to say goodbye. Every time I move, even of it is a little move a mile away, I cry. I think it's because I leave a little piece of myself in every house I live in.

Last night, I forced myself to go say goodbye to a very dear friend of mine who is moving to Florida. He has played a vital role in my life the last 4 years. I appreciate his friendship and how he has been there for me during all the highs, lows, and in between. It is hard to say goodbye to someone who understands me and has taken the time to really get to know me, even the parts that most people don't see. He has been kind when I have been vulnerable, funny when I have been sad, and tough on me when I have needed to be put in my place. I know he isn't dead but I can't help but think that I could possibly never see him again. Good friends and deep connections are very rare to me so I am grateful for the experience I had with him.

I think these are the only pictures we have of us which is funny and pathetic, but I have so many more pictures and memories in my mind that I will always cherish.


0 comments: