I am a little behind with my blogging but I have a good excuse. It has been a busy month and a half.
First of all, I'm ENGAGED! Spencer proposed on December 15th at the same place where we had our first date almost 4 months before. It was romantic, sweet, personal, and I couldn't stop crying. I kind of thought he might propose so I painted my nails and shaved my knuckles just in case. It was such a special night for both of us. And I got the ring I really wanted!

I have been engaged for a month now and feel so grateful everyday. I have wanted to get married for a long time but could never imagine it happening. I couldn't imagine being sure about someone and loving them that completely. My cousin told me once that when it happens it feels like a miracle. It feels like such a miracle to me! I feel very lucky. I can look back at the last few years with a different perspective. I can see how all the trials and heartache were preparing me for him. He is the best match for me even though it isn't always easy. The wait was so worth it.




The next week Spencer flew home with me to see the family and spend Christmas with us. We ate. A lot. So much good food. Spencer got to meet some of my friends and almost all of my family. We went to my Grandma Walton's funeral, saw the St. George temple lights, hung out with Rick, showed Spencer a little of the Strip, went shopping, to Brigham Young's winter home, made doggie friends, had dunk contests, played my new favorite game Telestrations, got two Christmases, etc. We had a busy, fun 5 days. I'm sure Spencer was tired of meeting people but my family all adored him. I think they may like him more than they like me. Almost. My mom told me that he just fits. I love that.
Then, we flew back east and a few days later it was New Years Eve. We started our night with all you can eat pancakes from IHOP, then went to the water front in Old Town Alexandria to watch the fireworks. Fireworks are my very favorite!
2012 was a good year for me. I call it my year of unexpectedness. It brought many changes with jobs, moving across the country, relationship status, deaths in the family, new friends, and fun vacations. Here are some of the highlights:
6 comments:
Love all of these pictures and love the year 2012 for you! See? It's a miracle!
I have been thinking of you, so I checked this and voila I got the update I needed! I love all of your 2012 events. And I love that you are so happy and in love! I can't wait to see you next I miss you so!!
I also went to a baby shower up near our old Carlisle Crossing and drove by that house for ol times sakes hahaha xo
Spencer and Harley were inseparable that whole week. I'm glad they got a picture together! It was a fun and busy week, come visit again soon!!
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
I'm so sad that I never got to see you while you were on the west side. You could have introduced me to your miracle man, and I could have introduced you to my miracle little man. Love you and am very happy for you.
this makes my heart smile.
Post a Comment