For Memorial Day weekend, we decided take a history filled, little road trip for the three day weekend. We wanted to go to Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown, and Virginia Beach. Besides having a couple little disagreements that were fueled by my hunger, it was a really fun weekend! Note to self: eat every couple hours to avoid mini meltdowns.
On Saturday, we checked out Colonial Williamsburg and were instantly transformed back into the 1700's. I loved all the old houses, stores, and people dressed in character but my favorite were all the pretty, perfectly maintained backyards that you would wander around in. We got to climb trees, make friends with horses, and pretend to ponder about deep things in the gardens.
Then we headed over to Jamestown and took a car ferry to an island named Scotland.
We spent the next day at Virginia Beach. It was kind of like the Las Vegas of beaches but at least we got a good tan.
The last day (my favorite day) we went to Yorktown. I didn't expect much but it was right on a little beach with the prettiest colonial houses, cute shops, a trolley to take you around, the battlefield where the Revolutionary War ended, etc. My favorite was wandering around the battlefield. There was a reverence there and I found myself whispering for some reason. Also, I loved the trees that were a couple hundred years old. I wanted to talk to them. Haha. I really, really enjoyed all the history from this weekend in some of the oldest cities in the country!






0 comments:
Post a Comment