Saturday, August 31, 2013

29

The reason I like blogging is because I can look back and see the growth and changes that happen to me. For example, I just read my blog post from my 28th birthday last year (here). Wow. So much can change in just one year. I remember thinking it was going to be my best year yet but I had no idea what was in store for me. At that point, I was still single and enjoying my life. Somehow now I am a wife and going to be a mom. I feel very fortunate. I waited a long time to have all of this and the wait was so worth it.

Since my birthday and Spencer's are only 8 days apart, we decided to celebrate them together by going out of town for a long weekend. I haven't really done anything in a couple months besides sleep and lay in bed. I felt like Spencer deserved to get out of the house and do something fun! We went to our second Killers concert together then headed up to Hershey, PA to stay at a bed and breakfast. It was so relaxing and peaceful. The house was on 3 acres of green fields and gardens with a pool, hammocks, fire pit, etc. There was only one other couple there so we felt like we had the place to ourselves. We loved sitting in the sun room in rocking chairs, cracking nuts, and watching the sun set into the cornfields.









We went to Hershey Chocolate World and took the tour there, posed with a lot of chocolate in the candy store, then took a trolley tour around the city.





1 comments:

Rachel said...

I love Hershey, Pennsylvania! Also, Josh and I (sort of) laugh about how many years of our marriage I was pregnant and just laying around in my bed. It's not very fun for active husbands. :o)