I figured since I am almost done with my second trimester that I should make another list. I have been keeping notes in my head the last few months about this trimester.
- Second trimester is a dream! First is the pits and I hear third is rough too but I have really loved the second. I feel great and have energy again. I remember thinking how could women do this more than once. Now I am starting to understand. This is a really exciting time!
- Some symptoms I have noticed this trimester are dull headaches, more lightheadedness when I stand up too quickly, insomnia at nights, harder time thinking of the words I want to use when I am talking, an almost protruding navel, and walking weirdly. My hips feel loose and kind of unstable so walking has turned into waddling. It's not cute at all.
- When I first knew I was pregnant I thought it was a girl but then every time I got an ultrasound, I was convinced it was a boy. Spencer thought it was a girl all along even though I almost had him convinced it was a boy. We found out it was a GIRL at 19 weeks. That was easily the most exciting, emotional day for us. We love her so much already and talk about her all day long.
- I started feeling a light tapping coming from the inside at 17 weeks. It was creepy yet cool. Spencer felt it for the first time at 18 weeks. She has been moving, kicking, and punching ever since. I think this is my favorite part. Knowing she is in there and alive brings peace of mind that I didn't have in the first trimester.
- Speaking of movement, anytime anything is touching my stomach like my laptop, a book, my pants, Spencer's head, etc she will kick at it like crazy. Either she is really playful or she doesn't like people in her space. I tend to think the latter because I am kind of the same way.
- I finally started to get my appetite back a little and the weight gaining has started. I feel about 30 pounds heavier. I still don't love chicken but I can tolerate eating it sometimes. I miss being able to pig out. Now I get fuller faster and it lingers longer. I don't really have cravings which I am bummed about.
- Colace has become my good friend and my multiple nighttime bathroom breaks have started up again.
- My only real complaint this trimester is my really bad sciatic pain. It got so bad that it was hard to walk, roll over, sit up, or stand up without severe pain. I have been going to a great chiropractor the last few weeks and feel about 80% better. I am so grateful for him!
- I finally came to terms with the fact that I was really pregnant. It took a while. Now I am trying to accept that there is going to be a baby coming at the end of this all. I just can't comprehend that. Pregnancy has come with a lot of denial for me. It is how I cope I guess.
- I still haven't had mood swings or felt really emotional or weepy. The only thing I have noticed that has changed is my feelings for Spencer. This has made me more emotional. I have become this clingy, obsessed wife. Like really bad. He walked into the room the other day and I got tears in my eyes because he was so cute. He looked at me worried and asked "Are you having hormones?" Haha. I feel overwhelmed with love for him and can't get enough of him. He has been definitely enjoying all the extra love and attention. I have heard a lot that pregnancy is hard on a marriage and you should wait a while after getting married. I had concerns at first, but this pregnancy has brought us so much closer and been a strength for our marriage. My capacity to love him just keeps getting larger everyday.

0 comments:
Post a Comment