After almost 7 weeks with Lillie, I have learned a lot about her. She loves sleeping especially at night. She will sleep for 5-6 hours at a time now which is heaven for me. She fights sleep during the day but that is getting better. When I lay her down for her naps she is asleep within 5 minutes most of the time. She loves to eat. She will eat from a bottle or nurse but she prefers nursing. It seems to relax her more. Since day one, she has made really good eye contact. She will stare at whoever is holding or feeding her. I think this makes people love her more because she stares at them intensely. If she hears my voice she will move her head around until she sees me and then her eyes follow me around as I walk. She loves music especially slower songs with a lot of piano. Music calms her. She enjoys going for walks and car rides and will sleep the entire time. She hates being swaddled with her arms inside. She will grunt and wiggle until her hands are free. She can break out of any type of swaddle. She sleeps in a pack and play and a crib really well but she will sleep for hours if I lay her on her stomach on my chest. Sometimes I do it in the morning so that I can get a little more sleep. She only cries when she is hungry or overly tired. She will have a meltdown in the 5 seconds it takes for me to get her milk ready and then she will suck like she hasn't eaten for days. I have learned to put her to sleep before she gets overly tired so she rarely cries anymore. She loves her bouncer, play mat, and her pacifier. I love that she loves her pacifier. She is a happy, peaceful baby. I have noticed that people who meet her just fall in love with her and miss her when they leave. There is something special about babies and especially Lillie. We love her so much! She has exhausted us yet made us feel such joy and happiness! She gets prettier, chubbier, and older looking everyday.
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
All things Lillie
Posted by
Stephanie
at
10:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























0 comments:
Post a Comment