Friday, March 11, 2011
Rollin' in the Deep
I saw this picture next to my little brother's bed at Christmas and it made me cry, so I asked him if I could have it. Of course he said yes because I'm his favorite. I love this picture for many reasons. I love the close, fun relationship that my dad and Derek have. My dad coaches his football, basketball, and baseball teams. I love how they both look tough because they are the kindest guys. I love how my dad has always had the most muscular calves. I love how tan Derek still is in the middle of November. I love these two.
A couple months ago, my dad was called into the bishopric. It has been entertaining to hear every one's sarcastic, funny, shocked comments when they hear the news. I was not at all surprised about his new calling. I've seen in coming for awhile. I knew when I walked in on him watching the Hallmark channel that something was wrong. My mom says that's all he watches now. This was so funny to me!
The thing that I admire most about my dad is how friendly he is. This man is friends with EVERYONE and everyone loves him! This is a quality of his that used to drive me crazy because we would be stuck at church or ball games or even the grocery store for hours waiting for him to finish talking to people. We quickly made him start drive a separate car so we wouldn't have to wait forever. Now, I love watching him stop and talk to every person he passes. He makes people feel comfortable, he makes people laugh, and he makes people feel loved. I hope this is a quality I can develop in myself.
Posted by
Stephanie
at
3:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment