Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Don't Trust Me

For the past 2 weeks, the radio has been playing a new song that I think might contain the worst lyrics. Anytime this song is on I want to beat it up. I wish I actually could beat up a song because I totally would! Have you heard "Don't Trust Me" by 3Oh!3? If you have, I am sorry. If you haven't, DON'T!

Here's the line that has topped my list of worst lyric of all time. Who came up with this? Who though it was clever? What does it even mean? Grr! So so so stupid!

"Shush girl, shut your lips. Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips"

My apologies to Helen Keller.

5 comments:

Chels Allred said...

some people are just so desperate to rhyme! hahaha

Erin. said...

You crack me up. I'm sure that Helen Keller thinks it's pretty funny....and, to top off that really bad song, there's a new country song out that actually has a line that says "I want to check you for ticks..." as in the bug! Yep, sometimes song writers are desperate for a rhyme!

Marie said...

I feel like I need to check it out now... I had dubbed, "This is Why I'm Hot" as the worst song and lyrics of all time.

Pee Ess: "Ticks" is actually a Brad Paisley song. I thought it was clever... his songs are really sarcastic. But country is notorious for some really cheesy, not well thought out lyrics.

Jenn said...

I am right there with you! I literally get so mad when I hear this song on the radio... I change the station, turn it off, I do whatever I have to in order to keep those stupid words from entering my head! I yelled at my friend who put it as his status on facebook!

Anonymous said...

AAAAUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH! I totally agree. I actaully get up and turn it off, too. SO disrespectful to women. (Can you tell that line really "ticks" me off big time.)