Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Brain Dump

1. The new Reese Witherspoon movie, "How Do You Know", looks cute and like my kind of movie. Watch the preview here.

2. Thanksgiving is my least favorite holiday. Is that bad? Of course, I love seeing all my family and having a four day weekend but the food is just blah to me no matter how good the recipes are. When I'm older I imagine I'll either skip Thanksgiving dinner and go to DisneyLand every year or have themed dinners like Mexican, Italian, or Thai dinners instead.

3. I recently heard about this hotel in New Zealand where you stay in tree houses! How cool is that? I'm kind of obsessed now. This is added to my long list of places to visit. Click here to fall in love too.

4. I am very thankful to have a loving family, good friends, great health, and to be finishing school but what I am MOST thankful for this year is the peace that has filled my life. I've never really felt that before. Maybe little bits here and there but I never understood what it was or how important it is to be able to feel it. My life is still the same but my heart and mind are calm and filled with peace consistently now. This is what I am most grateful for.

5. I miss young love. Listening to Taylor Swift's newest CD nonstop for the last 2 months is what started this thought. Her songs remind me of how simple, innocent, and enchanting it feels when you fall in "love" when you're younger. It's definitely harder to feel as I get older. It's more complicated. People have more baggage. The magical moments are harder to come by now but when I do have them I appreciate it so much more.

2 comments:

ashley said...

ummm HELLO!!! tree house date to new zealand with my best friend...ASAP????

Charlie said...

Love, when you are younger, is somewhat naive. Not to say there is anything wrong with it -- it is and can be very wonderful. But experiencing love when your older is difficult initially. We might have more baggage, but once it is discovered and the initial hurdles are overcome, I believe it to be more abundant and appreciated. And those "magical moments" will happen more frequently. Just keep the hope that it can exist.