I started watching "How I Met Your Mother" over the summer. The show is in it's sixth season so I've been trying to catch up little by little and still keep up with the new episodes. This show is really funny! How did I not know about it until just recently? Besides making me laugh a lot, there have also been a few things I've learned from the characters on the show.
1. Whenever the characters realize that they might have a problem or issue in the future, they say they'll let the "future them" worry about it. For example, if I'm worried about what I'm going to do after I graduate I tell myself, "I'll let Future Steph worry about that."
2. Sometimes we make mistakes. In one episode Lilly says "There are certain things in life where you know it's a mistake but you don't really know it's a mistake because the only way to really know it is a mistake is to make that mistake and look back and say, "Yup, that was a mistake". So really, the bigger mistake would be to not make the mistake because then you'll go your whole life not really knowing if something is a mistake or not." (Ted then points out that he doesn't know if that makes sense because she said "mistake" too many times haha)
3. Anytime you pause in the middle of an important sentence and say "wait for it", then wait a few seconds to finish the sentence, it will always build curiosity and make whatever you are telling or announcing so much more exciting.
4. Words like "awesome" and "legendary" are always cool words to use no matter how many times you say them.
5. The characters on this show are best friends and have known each other for many years. They know everything about each other and love hanging out and having fun no matter what they're doing. I really hope that the friends I have made in the last few years are going to be my friends for a long time and that we continue going on fun trips, making more inside jokes, be entertained by doing nothing, make up games or competitions, and be there for each other through break ups, marriages, having kids, getting old, etc.


0 comments:
Post a Comment