While I was getting ready for work this morning, I was listening to a radio morning show. They were discussing an article that came out this week on when the best time in life was and at what age were people the happiest. They studied 2 million people from 80 contries and found the same results. Our happiness is a U shape throughout our lives. We start off very happy, then slump down in our 40's (midlife crisis)but then are back to our youthful happiness by or 60's and 70's. The researchers said that on average 44 is the worst age for people.
I have only been alive for 23 LONG years so I don't have much to compare to, but I'd have to say that 21 was my favorite year, so far, but I imagine I'll love being older and being much stronger, wiser, and content. I remember my Aunt Linda saying that she still feels 20 except now she isn't afraid of anything.
What's your favorite age or what do you think will be the best time of life?
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Best Age?
Posted by
Stephanie
at
5:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So what does that say about me??!
Wow...I've been "quoted"!(And the 40's have been my favoritest decade so far :-)
And Lisa, you still LOOK age 20!
I would also say my life has been a pretty U shaped so far. I was a freaking happy-go-lucky kid, a more serious 10 - 19 year old, and am now a happy adult. Of course, I also think we have "control" of our happiness for the most part. Maybe not happiness actually, but joy. Plus, my mom tells me it gets better every decade and my mother in law says her 50th is her favorite year.
Post a Comment