Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Loneliness

I feel or have felt just about every emotion in my life, but I think one of the worst emotions to feel is loneliness. I never felt this growing up because I was always surrounded by a house full of people, little siblings that made it impossible for me to feel lonely, and great circles of friends. I remember during my first semester of college, for the first time in my life, I sometimes felt lonely. There have been other times since then when I have felt similar. Loneliness is such a quiet, empty feeling. It's one of my least favorite ways to feel. Tonight I feel it a little. Maybe it's because I'm away from home and all my friends are out of town and it's the holidays, but I feel lonely. I also realize that so many other people are feeling the same way so I'm not alone in my loneliness. I reach out to them and I always feel better. We are all searching for something, trying to decide something, and wondering what the heck we are doing with our lives. We are never alone in that. Loneliness helps me appreciate so much the people in my life. I have a wonderful support system of moms, dads, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, and friends. Tonight I feel so thankful for them. That's all.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

This is true Stephanie. Loneliness is hard and everyone feels it at some time. Love ya.